Foster Care Assessment
What We Do
Ensuring that a child has a safe place to go in the foster care system is of the utmost importance to our team.
We complete carer assessments for Department of Communities and Justice and other Agencies. We screen potential carers to ensure they’re capable of providing for the unique needs of the children that come into their homes.
How It Works
We assess potential carers to ensure that they can meet the significant challenges of caring for children in care.
We focus on being trauma-informed.
Our assessors ensure that the focus is on the attitude of potential carers to ensure the following:
- An ability to create an atmosphere of lightness and interest even when children are facing difficult situations.
- An understanding of acceptance of children and their varied backgrounds.
- An interest in children’s feelings, thoughts and beliefs and understanding why the child behaves in a particular way.
- A concern for the child’s experience.
- How a potential carer will interact with the birth family of the child.
- Ensuring that carers understand that permanency planning is paramount and that restoration to the family is much more prominent than it once was.
Share this page